RAIZ – Forest and Paper Research Institute is a private non-profit organization, recognized as a Research and Technology Organization of the Portuguese Scientific and Technological System and as an Interface Center – Valorization and Technology Transfer Centre. It aims to optimize, from a cost/benefit point of view, the competitive advantages of the national and The Navigator Company forest industry, ensuring its sustainability.
Its activities are developed in order to produce and transform knowledge into products, technology, and services in the forest, pulp, paper and forest-based biorefinery areas.
The Institute is funded mainly by The Navigator Company, other private entities, and by public, national and European funds.
RAIZ’s mission is to contribute to the competitiveness and sustainability of the eucalypt value chain, from forest to product:
- Creating excelling knowledge;
- Supplying specialized services and consulting;
- Developing innovative solutions, boosting the new circular & bio economy;
- Promoting the cooperation with universities and world class R&D centres;
- Training highly qualified and motivated human resources.